Are you new to VGC, or do you still want to keep improving your VGC game? Here are some useful resources I recommend checking out!
Nugget Bridge is the premier VGC forum where you can learn basic info about the metagame, and even learn about teams that have done well in competitions! Just for a quick note, at least 95% of the pros are members of this forum.
The metagame is always changing and evolving, which is why you need to stay updated on what people use in online battles. Here, you can check to see the statistics on Pokémon usage, as well as the items and abilities they most commonly have.
This is a useful tool for figuring out what kind of EV spread your Pokémon needs in order to survive certain attacks from certain threats, or even pick up a knock out on opposing Pokémon as well. With that in mind, you can also be able to figure out the calculations in your head when you battle others, but it requires practice.
Another way to practice figuring out the damage calculations in your head. Two calculators are better than one.
Pros on YouTube
There are some of the greatest players on YouTube, so subscribe to them if you want to watch how they play VGC, or even learn solid advice about the metagame from them.
- Aaron Zheng (Cybertron) – 2x National Champion, 2016 Anaheim Regional Champion, 3rd Place Worlds 2013, Apex 2015 Champion, 4th Place 2015 Nationals
- Barry Anderson (Baz Anderson) – 9th Place Worlds 2013
- James Baek (Jamesspeed1) – Competed in Worlds 2014 and 2015, 2nd Place Madison Regionals, known to make great predictions, usually gets a high rating on Battle Spot
- Markus Stadter (13Yoshi37) – EU Commentator, 2016 Stockholm Regional Champion, 2015 UK National Champion, 1st Place 2014 German Nationals, 14th 2014 Worlds, 34th 2015 Worlds
- Wolfe Glick (Wolfey) – 2x National Champion, 2012 Worlds Runner-Up, 2016 Florida Regional Champion, 2015 Pennsylvania Regional Champion
- Nugget Bridge – Lots of battle videos featuring their users (including the top players)
Other Blogs to Check Out
Hope you find these resources useful! Remember to have good fun and good sportsmanship!